Tuesday, May 26, 2015

CSI Case File # 165, Sketches In Thyme #150, and CKC layout #4.

This is my take on Brenda Ragsdale's sketch #150 over at Sketches In Thyme http://sketchesinthyme.blogspot.com/2015/05/juliets-take-on-sketch-150.html,
and also Case #165 over at CSI http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com and layout #4 for May's Counterfeit Kit Club using my "Oh Dear Lizzy Kit".  http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/ Each month we counterfeit a kit with product from our stash and try to use as much as possible instead of hoarding all that pretty paper and embellishments.  It has helped me tremendously to use stuff I have on hand.  Don't get me wrong I still go to stores and buy but it is helping me get lots of product used up. 

Here is my layout:
Here is the sketch from Sketches In Thyme by Brenda Ragsdale:
 
 
Here is the case file  from CSI - You have to use all 5 colors, which I did, and the evidence you have to use at least 2 clues, of which I used six clues.  I used a ribbon on a tag and stripes on the paper and the butterfly, and polka dots on the paper, woodgrain on the paper, and penwork around the butterfly, the trail from the butterfly, and around the heart and the pink paper under the pictures.  On the testimony I journal on the tag with Tim Holtz label stickers. 

 http://api.ning.com/files/eoZ5qo4qa6qkSNdSSkGv2gZehZA*j2u1wZS7vXGCCUAgZa6f6XsNHGc8-gPcnT1Cua1zeaob8km25WZ6ZZQR*Evr0blS*qiK/165flat.jpg

15 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures! Love the woodgrain paper and all the texture! Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme!! And, terrific use of your Counterfeit Kit! I'm still intimidated by the Case Files; but, you did a great job with that, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on that sketch. I love the texture paste! Woodgrain is a fave of mine right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous layout! I love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favorite layout from all the engagement photos you shared. The pictures are gorgeous, and there are so many lovely little details that let them shine. That woodgrain paper is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, the page really lets your photos shine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Nice job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page!!! Love your pictures!!! Thank you for joining us @Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am very proud of them. They are such a beautiful couple.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful page and wonderful job with the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great texture you got on this layout! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon I do love this layout, the use of modelling paste is fabulous.
    Thanks for taking the time to join us at Sketches in Thyme!
    ~Helen~

    ReplyDelete