Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sketches In Thyme Smash Up for December

I love the changing of colors in the fall.  We went to Mayhill, NM on a camping / anniversary trip hoping to see the changing colors.  We were a little early.  The trees had just started to change.  This day started out so pretty with sunshine and as it does in the mountains it started to rain, and fog rolled in and then it started to thunder and lightning along with hail.  I got some really pretty pictures of the mountainside.  The rain had started a few weeks before so everything was a beautiful and lush green.  The sketches this month were wonderful for the smash up team to use.  So my smash up consisted of sketch #175 by Brenda Ragsdale, #176 by Bev Code, and #177 by Rochell Spears.  On 175 I used the blocks, 176 I used the pieces of paper running down the right side and 177 I used the block behind the picture and the two picture placement. I used DIY Party Cardstock and Paper from We R Memory Keepers.  I used a Bo Bunny stamp set called Falling Leaves and stamped on the cardstock behind and then used some white cardstock and stamped the leaves again, and cut them out and had them fall onto the page.  Or at least that is what I was going for.  I used Dew Drop Ink in Gingerbread, Poppy, Crimson, Red Gold, and Rust.  They had a pearlescest/glittery color to them.
These are the sketches I used.  Hope you play along and go over to:
 Sketches In Thyme 
and check out what the other team members have done for some more inspiration.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment